dickemabout.com
Post Office Insurance - Printable Version

+- dickemabout.com (http://dickemabout.com)
+-- Forum: dickemabout (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: dickemabout (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Post Office Insurance (/showthread.php?tid=5)

Post Office Insurance - burmawybita - 03-22-2011 03:02 PM

Don't ever, ever take out car insurance with the Post Office. Paid £80 a month for 7 months then sold the car and rang them to cancel the insurance and they told us they wanted £495 cancellation fee. Told them to stick it - appalling attitude from them - threats of debt collectors. Now its with the ombudsman. They dicked me about now its my turn.

RE: Post Office Insurance - wailingshabbah - 03-28-2011 10:20 AM

Never mind insurance Post Office counters need to get their scales checked more frequently. Recently wanted to post a parcel to Montenegro and local office wanted £32 - took it to Crown Office in nearby town, sent for £17.50 - called local council's Weights and Measure Inspector to report problem and vivt them to "dick local Post Office about" -

RE: Post Office Insurance - Tigers66 - 03-28-2011 03:50 PM

Remember , when you make any complaint to the Financial Service Ombudsman, the Institution you are complaining about have to pay a levy of £600 , win or lose....... so if your claim is worth less than £600 they are likely to settle if you say you will go to the Ombudsman if they don't compensate you!

RE: Post Office Insurance - burmawybita - 03-28-2011 03:52 PM

I've informed them that I've gone to the ombudsman so lets hope that will be it - unless they want to make a case that 'short term' penalties are valed!

RE: Post Office Insurance - burmawybita - 07-18-2012 06:26 AM

Ombudsman found in our favour and many others who joined us in this. They had to withdraw the demand for payment and £100 to us in compensation. Good result. The small man can win sometimes!