Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Post Office Insurance
03-22-2011, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2011 11:17 AM by burmawybita.)
Post Office Insurance
Don't ever, ever take out car insurance with the Post Office. Paid £80 a month for 7 months then sold the car and rang them to cancel the insurance and they told us they wanted £495 cancellation fee. Told them to stick it - appalling attitude from them - threats of debt collectors. Now its with the ombudsman. They dicked me about now its my turn.

Just Dickin'Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2011, 10:20 AM
RE: Post Office Insurance
Never mind insurance Post Office counters need to get their scales checked more frequently. Recently wanted to post a parcel to Montenegro and local office wanted £32 - took it to Crown Office in nearby town, sent for £17.50 - called local council's Weights and Measure Inspector to report problem and vivt them to "dick local Post Office about" -
03-28-2011, 03:50 PM
Remember , when you make any complaint to the Financial Service Ombudsman, the Institution you are complaining about have to pay a levy of £600 , win or lose....... so if your claim is worth less than £600 they are likely to settle if you say you will go to the Ombudsman if they don't compensate you!
03-28-2011, 03:52 PM
I've informed them that I've gone to the ombudsman so lets hope that will be it - unless they want to make a case that 'short term' penalties are valed!

Just Dickin'Tongue
07-18-2012, 06:26 AM
Ombudsman found in our favour and many others who joined us in this. They had to withdraw the demand for payment and £100 to us in compensation. Good result. The small man can win sometimes!

Just Dickin'Tongue